|MARY DAVIS HATCH GRAVE|
Mary Davis Hatach, wife of Lewis Hatch, was buried in Hillside Cemetery, Honey Hill Road, South Granville, Washington County, New York.
The cemetery is located beside the site of the First Congregational Church of South Granville. The first house of worship was erected in 1789 or 1790, one mile west of South Granville, in Hillsdale, at the intersection of Route 149 and Lee Road. It was used for worship until 1807, when it became too small for the congregation.
The church was converted to a dwelling and stood until it's destruction by fire on March 27, 1970. The new church was erected in 1807, at the present site in South Granville.
Courtesy of Audra J (Pease) Squires